Sweat stains on your favorite hats can be annoying and unsightly. Luckily, you can get rid of those pesky stains using common household items or commercial stain removers. Let me tell you how to remove these stain!
Method 1: Using Household Products
- Baking soda
- White vinegar
- Sprinkle baking soda liberally on the sweat stained area of the hat. Make sure you cover the stain completely.
- In a small bowl, mix equal parts white vinegar and water.
- Dip the toothbrush in the vinegar solution and gently scrub the stain.
- Once you have scrubbed for a few minutes, use a damp washcloth to wipe the area clean.
- Check to see if the stain has lifted. If not, repeat steps 2-4.
- Rinse the hat thoroughly with clean water once stain is removed.
- Air dry the hat completely before wearing again.
Method 2: Using a Commercial Stain Remover
- Stain remover like OxiClean or Shout
- Apply the stain remover directly to the stained area of the hat.
- Let it sit for 5-10 minutes so it can penetrate the fabric.
- Use a damp toothbrush to gently scrub the stain remover into the hat.
- Rinse the area thoroughly with clean water to remove any residue.
- Check if the stain has lifted. Repeat steps 1-4 if needed.
- Once stain is removed, wipe the area with a clean washcloth.
- Allow hat to completely air dry before wearing again.
With either household items or commercial stain removers, you can easily remove unsightly sweat stains from hats. Say goodbye to discolored headwear! I hope this information helped you out removing the stains.